The Council will take up with the following objectives:
- Conservation of tribal culture aligned with development objectives
- Propagation of tribal culture for retaining tribal identity
- Recognition of the indigenous knowledge system of the Tribals and its promotion to help support retention of tribal culture
- Documentation of tangible and intangible tribal culture, tradition and practices
- Identification of tribal resources and making the indigenous knowledge/unique culture as a means of livelihood
- Organization of exposure visits on the range of development issues
- Promotion of tribal languages and dialects for developmental communication
- Optimal utilization of available resources in tribal areas resulting in sustainable tribal development as per the felt needs of Tribals.
- Area/culture specific development interventions, which will address the felt needs of the Tribals.